Stamp Issue : 1966-02-12
St. Hilaire Bridge （Pont Saint-Hilaire）is a three-arch stone bridge located in Illiers, in the Eure-et-Loir department in north-central France. It was built in 13th century with length of 18.2 meters and width of 5.7 meters. The bridge is one of the major sights in town.
Illiers was named as Combray by Marcel Proust (1871-1922) in his semi-autobiographical novel "In Search of Lost Time" (À la recherche du temps perdu). The commune had become well-known worldwide because of the literature so in 1971 it officially changed its name to Illiers-Combray.